vrijdag 18 februari 2011

Serving Tea? or Coffee?

My other little project that I have been working on
was this one...



Here is how I made them...
I have cut out round and rectangle pieces of cardboard
and some small strips of cardboard (from an empty
cookie package that I gobbled up first lol!)
with a (scrapbook) scissor, you know
the ones that have a shaped blade,
Then glued the strip around the bottom of the tray.

After that I painted them with white acrylic paint a few times.
Then I glued some nice pictures on it
and made them look a bit shabby with some 'yellow ochre' paint
on a almost dry brush...


I still have to finish the étagère...
I have something special for it in my mind :)

Jollie


18 opmerkingen:

  1. That was a good idea to use the shaped blade scissors, these trays are beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Lovely work - at first sight I thought that one with the spring bouquet was made in 3D... ;O)

    Have a great weekend
    Birgit

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thank you Birgit :)
    If it was in 3-D the cups would fall over ;)

    Have a nice weekend too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Great idea, Jollie! Love this little round tray with the flowers:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. What a very good idea, the result is stunning.
    Geneviève

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. They're really pretty, what a clever idea to use scrapbook scissors to do the sides.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Very pretty trays♥ Thanks for the tutorial.
    Greetings, piikko

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Jollie, your trays turned out very nice. I have used my scrap book scissors for the same. They come in very handy for many things. =)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Ze zijn heel leuk geworden, lekker weer aan de knutsel??!!!
    Liefs Syl

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Those look so beautiful.What a creative idea!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Thank you all for the lovely comments! :)
    I really enjoyed making them, I am sure that I will create some more of these.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Beautiful trays! And great idea.
    Mona
    remmedollhouse.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you so much for your comments :)

Have a nice day!, Jollie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...