Friends here on Holiday - Lots of Pictures!

Yeah I know I've been away for a while,
but with a good reason lol!
My friend Erna and her daugther Alyssa
came to me for two weeks to spend their holiday...

We had such a wonderful time together!
We visited beautiful places, 
went out a lot for coffee and drinks...
The weather was absolutely gorgeous,
So they also spend a lot of time at the beach :)

Here are some of the many pictures we took,
to give you a small impresion... 

(click on the pictures to enlarge them) 
From left to right: Alyssa, Erna and Jollie (me lol)
on our way to the island Hydra.


We went from Metochi, a little place near Ermioni



with this boat called 'Freedom' to the island Hydra


 Erna and Me on the boat



Pictures from the Island Hydra...





First we had a Coffee at 'The Pirate Bar'


and we walked around a bit on the island 



Bought some souvenirs ;--)

 

I brought home this gorgeous Aphrodite (Venus) statue... 


And we had a delicious lunch! 


 We watched the clear water at the harbour 
with these beautiful fishes


And had another coffee before we went home again...


Lots of days my friends went to the beach nearby
for snokeling and to swim, 
I did not go into the water, it was too cold for me brrr!!! ;-) 



And of course they had to taste the best gyros in our area!



We also went to Doroufi, a small village nearby


were our crown prince from the Netherlands
Willem Alexander and his wife princess Maxima
 recently bought a house...


We spend some time at the beach near their new house...



My parents also took Erna and Alyssa out for a trip
and to Nafplio, the formal capital city of Greece.

Here is Alyssa at the ancient theater in Epidavros...


 My Mom and Erna at the ancient teater in Epidavros...


And they were amazed by the atmosphere 
in Nafplio


 These pictures are taken in the old town center of Nafplio




My Mom, Erna and Alyssa shopping for souvenirs ;-)


My Mom and Dad with Alyssa...


 At the end of the day the visited the Palamidi
a fortress that lies on a mountain at the city of Nafplio



A view on the island Bourtzi


 Yesterday they left at my place
and took the the flying dolphin to Athens
I hope that they will take that change to visit the Acropolis...


 And I will see them here again next year!!! :-)

 Hugs Jollie

Reacties

Gorgeous pictures! All those villages are incredible. I love the buildings. I'm glad you had such a great time.
hugs
Caroline
Heather zei…
Absolutely lovely pictures!!! You have such wonderful, beautiful places to visit! I'll bet your friends are already anxious for it to be next year so they can come back again!
Maria Ireland zei…
Hello its lovely to meet you :)Greece is a beautiful country. Sigh how I would love to be there :) Wonderful pictures thank you for sharing.
Hugs Maria
Lovejoy Bears zei…
Hi Jollie,
Welcome back, it's good to hear your news. Thankyou for sharing all these wonderful photographs, It looks like you all had a wonderful time together and I love the places you visited.The Island of Hydra is gorgeous!!
Hugs
vicky xxx
The Old Maid zei…
Oh Greece! I love it! You had a great time no doubts about that! Thank you so much for sharing it with us, Jollie!
Hugs
Eva zei…
Bonitas vacaciones, gracias por compartir estos lugares y momentos tan especiales. Un saludo, Eva
Plushpussycat zei…
Beautiful photos! It looks so warm and lovely there! I'm glad you had a good time with your friends. :-) Jennifer
BiWuBär zei…
Good to have you back - and to hear you've had such a great time. Thank you for those beautiful pictures!

Greetings
Birgit
You know haw your photos make me dream and bring back sweet memories.
I enjoyed seeing them again, after seeing them on facebook.
Geneviève
marlies zei…
Je kunt zien dat jullie een leuke tijd hadden samen, geweldig mooie foto's en zo'n mooi weer! Ben n beetje jaloers ;) hier is t n pet voorjaar, koud en regen....... vandaag alweer.
* marlies
Ascension zei…
Gracias por compartir esas preciosas fotografias.
Me aleegro de que hayas disfrutado de tus vacaciones, es un sitio precioso.
besitos ascension
Sans! zei…
Jollie, I am so glad I visit ! You have posted such wonderful pictures of Greece, I feel like I was there and all memories of my time in Europe came flooding back! Wooooosh!

You look amazing, my dear and your friends too.

One day when you visit my part of the world or me at your part :).Can't wait!

Populaire posts